I had a curried potato salad at a meeting once and figured it was worth a try to duplicate it. I also figured that a little sweetness would be good with the curry, so I tried combining white potatoes with sweet potatoes. Yum!
This easy curry potato salad recipe is good warm or cold. Try it for your next covered dish picnic!
Prep Time: 20 minutes (includes time before and after cooking potatoes)
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds white potatoes, cut into chunks (I use bags of the small potatoes that don’t have to be peeled)
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into similar-sized chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
Here’s how to make it:
- Boil potatoes until just fork tender. Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add celery.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, curry powder and dill weed.
- Mix curried mayonnaise with potatoes. Add salt and pepper, if desired. Serve warm or cold.
Note: If I use the small white potatoes that cook fast, I cook white and sweet potatoes together. If you use a bigger white potato that will take longer to cook than the sweet, cook them separately. You don’t want to end up with mush, although the one time I did overcook the potatoes, I just turned it into curried double potato mashed potatoes, and that was pretty good, too!
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.